fetch campervan hire new zealand | senior campervan hire new zealand | family campervan hire new zealand | cheap campervan hire new zealand
early booker campervan hire new zealand
Mighty Campers informationMighty Campers is a vibrant campervan range for the value conscious traveller, with a choice of 5 campervan categories including our funky new Jackpot which we look forward to showing you. Mighty Campers are available nationwide from 9 locations in Australia and 3 locations in New Zealand.
Mighty Campers Rental TermsIMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RENTALS
On arrival, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the operators of Mighty Campers NZ. Here is a summary of their terms and conditions.
The following definitions apply for the Terms and Conditions of Mighty Campers NZ:
* The Supplier means the operator of Mighty Campers NZ.
* The Client is also referred to as the hirer (s) or renter (s).
* When you receive your confirmation a non-refundable deposit is required to secure the booking. This is shown at the time of booking. The balance of monies owing to Mighty Campers is required 38 days before the hire commences. Cancellation fees apply see below.
* A bond amount of NZ$5,000 for the Deuce and the Double Up and NZ$3,500 for other campervans is also due upon arrival (Liability and Bond Reduction Option is valid to be selected at extra cost). This amount is deducted from your credit card is fully refundable when the vehicle is returned to the correct location on time, is full of fuel and all other terms of the Rental Contract have been complied with. Please read the Terms and Conditions for full details.
Note: full balance of payment (including the deposit) will be collected at the time of confirmation if you have elected to process your booking in a currency different to NZD.
The initial deposit paid is non-refundable. In addition to forfeiting your deposit, the following charges also apply:
If cancelled up to 94 days prior to pick-up: No Further Fee
If cancelled from 93 to 25 days prior to pick-up : 10% of Total Rental
If cancelled from 24 to 10 days prior to pick-up: 20% of Total Rental
If cancelled 9 to 4 days prior to pick-up: 50% of Total Rental
If cancelled 3 days prior to pick up or No-Show : 100% of Total Rental
If vehicle is returned early no refund is available for the unused portion of the hire
For all rentals with a collection date between 01 June 2017 and 08 July 2017 the following special conditions apply:
• Full payment is required 93 days prior to pick up
• Cancellation fees:
The initial deposit paid is non-refundable. In addition to forfeiting your deposit, the following charges also apply:
If cancelled up to 94 days prior to pick-up: 10% of Rental
If cancelled from 93 to the day of pick up or a No-Show: 100% of Total Rental.
All amendments to bookings are subject to availability of the vehicle and/or package. Different rates may apply based on the amendment made.
Amendments prior to the vehicle collection date will be re-calculated at the flex rate applicable on the date of amendment. This applies to changing the vehicle type, reducing the number of rental days, changing pick-up dates and/or changing the pick-up or drop-off location. Where the number of rental days is being extended prior to the vehicle collection date (days are being added on at the end of the rental with no change to the original pick up date), the original flex rate, which applied at the time of the original booking, will apply.
We strongly recommend that clients ensure they take out the highest level of travel insurance. In many cases, this will cover any losses incurred if you are forced to cancel your booking.
The flex rate is determined by the date of pick-up, location and date of booking for the rental up to 30 days. After every 30 days the flex rate resets to the rate applicable on that day (I.e. 31st, 61st, the 91st day of hire etc).
INCLUDED IN RATES:
• Unlimited kilometres
• Crockery and Cutlery
• 15% GST (Goods and Services Tax)
• Linen & Bedding
• Mighty liability (liability applies – see the “For Your Protection” section for more information)
• Customer care 24 hours 7 days per week road-service helpline (toll-free)
• "Like a Local" in-trip tablet with GPS
• All branches have local tourist information and maps available
• Driver goes free to Waitomo Glowworm Caves.
• Liability Reduction Options
• Extra Driver Fees
• Road User Charge Recovery Fee (RUCRF) if applicable
• Refundable Vehicle Security Deposit
• Fuel and LPG costs
• One-way Fees and Location Fees if applicable
• Public Holiday surcharge
Mighty branches are open daily from 0800 to 1630 hours, 7 days a week with the exception of Christmas Day (25 December) when all branches are closed.
Mighty requests that clients collecting or returning their vehicle to be in the office by 1530 hours.
VEHICLE LIABILITY AND LIABILITY REDUCTION OPTION
New Zealand legislation provides limited coverage for personal injury. Mighty does not accept any liability for personal injuries sustained during the rental, nor for any loss or damage to any personal belongings or property of the customer (or any person or entity related to the customer). Mighty strongly recommend that all people travelling in New Zealand take out personal travel insurance.
In the USA a liability is referred to as the “deductible”.
All vehicles are insured for the damage to the vehicle or to the property of a third party. The customer is responsible for the first $3,500 (“the liability”) for the Jackpot and the Double Down campervans and $5,000 (“the liability”) for all other campervans of cost of any damage to third party property or to the rented vehicle, including single vehicle accident (does not include single vehicle roll over), windscreen and tyre damage, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, break-in or vandalism with the exception of the ‘Exclusions’. This also includes the cost of the daily rental for the period the vehicle is being repaired. In addition to these costs, an administration fee of $60 may apply, per claim. The liability applies in respect of each claim, not rental. The 3,500 or $5,000 liability can be reduced by purchasing the Liability Reduction Option or the Mighty Inclusive Pack.
1 Liability Reduction Option: Reduces Vehicle Liability to Nil
2 Single vehicle rollover cover: The customer will not have to pay for the cost of any damage attributed to an accidental single vehicle rollover.
3 Road User Charge: The Road User Charge Recover Fee is included in the Express Return Pack.
If this package is not selected the Road User Charge Recovery Fee will be calculated and collected on return of the campervan based on the kilometres travelled during the hire.
The vehicle rates per 100km are as follows:
Jackpot, Deuce and Double Down: $6.22
Double Up and Big Six: $6.62
4 Express key return: In conjunction with Liability Reduction Option or the Mighty Inclusive Pack.
5 Express Return Pack: Pricing and inclusions are subject to change.
When the Liability Reduction Option has been purchased, the hirer will have no liability at all with the exception of the ‘exclusions’. This cover includes unlimited tyre and windscreen cover for accidental damage.
The maximum public liability is $20,000,000, sub-limits may apply. Please note that the maximum public liability may change during the course of the year for which these terms apply.
MIGHTY STRONGLY RECOMMENDS OUR CUSTOMERS TAKE THE MIGHTY INCLUSIVE PACK FOR TRAVEL WITH PEACE OF MIND.
If the Liability Reduction Option or the Mighty Inclusive Pack is not taken, the customer must pay the Liability Deposit. The Liability Deposit is $3,500 or $5,000 and is applicable regardless if the hirer has purchased private travel insurance.
The customer must provide a valid credit card to pay the Liability Deposit and the amount will be debited to the customer’s credit card on the day of vehicle collection. The credit card holder must be present and able to sign for the Liability Deposit upon vehicle collection. The credit card holder is jointly and severally liable for any damage to the rental vehicle. Any type of pre-paid travel card is not acceptable as a means to provide a Liability Deposit.
The Liability Deposit is subject to a 2% credit card administration fee in addition to the Liability Deposit amount when the credit card used is either a Visa or MasterCard, or 4.6% when the credit card used is American Express. The credit card administration fees are subject to change.
The Liability Deposit is fully refundable, including the credit card surcharge, if the card used to provide the Liability Deposit is a Visa or MasterCard credit card, provided the Vehicle is returned undamaged. Mighty recommend that customers use a Visa or MasterCard credit card for the Liability Deposit, as the credit card administration fee that applies when using American Express is not refundable.
The Liability Reduction Option will not apply and the customer is responsible for all costs arising out of, or incurred in connection with:
1. Any damage caused by wilful misconduct (e.g. sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the vehicle) or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or negligence.
2. Any loss or damage to personal belongings or property of the customer (or any person or entity related to the customer). Mighty recommends the customer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and that they take out personal travel insurance.
3. Any damage where the customer is charged by local authorities for being careless, showing gross negligence or wilfulness in failing to abide by the local road rules.
4. Retrieving or recovering a vehicle, which may include, but is not limited to a vehicle that has become bogged, submerged, caught, trapped, stuck or restricted in anyway and/or has been abandoned, in each case in circumstances within the control of the customer.
5. Replacing keys, which have been lost or stolen, or retrieval of keys which have been locked in a vehicle.
6. Overhead and underbody damage to the vehicle however caused, except where Liability Reduction Option or the Mighty Inclusive Pack has been purchased.
7. Any single vehicle rollover except where the Mighty Inclusive Pack has been purchased.
8. Damage caused to the vehicle because total load (kg) has exceeded recommended load as stated in vehicle manual. Vehicles are not to be used for the purpose of transporting and haulage of goods other than what might be reasonably expected of a leisure rental.
9. Damage caused by drivers not identified on the rental agreement and/or drivers whose licence has been cancelled or suspended and/or drivers who have a licence that is classified as a learners or probationary licence.
10. Any damage caused to the vehicle due to the use of snow chains.
11. Any damage associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol), which includes Bio-Diesel which should not be used, or water or other contamination of fuel.
12. Any water related damage which includes, but is not limited to, vehicle submersion, contact with salt water, creek or river crossings, driving through flooded areas and beach driving.
13. The vehicle rented may only be used to carry the maximum number of passengers as dictated by the vehicle type. If more passengers are carried than what is allowed Mighty does not accept any liability.
• Minimum rental period is 5 days.
• Minimum rental period is 10 days for hires where travel dates include 20 December to 10 January.
• Minimum rental period is 10 days when a vehicle is being collected from the North Island and is being returned to the South Island if the rental commences between the months of October through to March.
• Minimum and maximum rental periods apply and are subject to change.
• Late pick-up or early return of vehicle does not entitle the customer to any refund of the unused portion of the rental.
• Mighty pick up is a self-service process and requires the customer to have completed Self Check-In online or in the branch. If additional service is required from a Mighty staff member, a fee of $50 may apply.
• If a customer wishes to extend the rental whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorisation from Mighty. The rental extension is subject to vehicle availability. The cost of an extended rental must be paid by credit card over the telephone on confirmation of the rental extension. The rate charged may not reflect the original rate booked. Failure to obtain authorisation will result in a daily fee of $150 in addition to the daily rate.
Should a customer have more than one consecutive rental they can be combined to qualify for longer-term hire discounts off the daily vehicle rates.
Details are on application.
Campervans can only be driven on sealed/bitumen or well-maintained roads. Vehicles shall not be driven on:
Skippers Road (Queenstown) Crown Range Road (Queenstown)
Ball Hut Road (Mt. Cook) Ninety Mile Beach (Northland)
North of Colville Township (Coromandel Peninsula) All ski field access roads (from 01 June to 31 October)
Mighty reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions.
Licence and Age Restrictions
A current and full motor vehicle driver’s licence is required and must be produced upon vehicle collection. Should a foreign licence be in a language other than English it must be accompanied by a current international driving permit issued in the same country as the driver’s licence was issued. An accredited English translation will be accepted in lieu of an international driving permit. Drivers must be 21 years of age or over. If the rented vehicle is a Highball, Jackpot or Double Down; drivers must be 18 years of age or over.
Change of Drop Off Location
If the customer wishes to change the drop-off destination, they must first obtain authorisation from Mighty.
Subject to the change being approved, an additional charge of up to $750 may apply.
Change of Vehicle
Should the vehicle booked be unavailable, Mighty reserves the right to substitute an alternative vehicle without prior notification and at no extra cost.
This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the hirer to a refund.
Should the hirer decide to take a lesser vehicle than booked they will not be entitled to any refund.
Note: Mighty reserves the right to refuse any rental at its discretion.
All Mighty vehicles are a minimum of 5 years of age.
Mighty provides free airport to branch and branch to airport transfers on the day of arrival and departure for our Auckland, Christchurch and Queenstown Branches.
Toll and Traffic Notices and Administration Fees
Mighty reserves the right to charge the customer for any speeding, toll way, parking or freedom camping fines. In addition to the costs associated per fine, an administration fee of $60 may be applicable.
Credit and Debit Card Payments
The credit or debit card holder will be jointly and severally liable as a customer. Accepted credit and debit cards are Visa Card, MasterCard and American Express. A non-refundable 2% administration fee will apply to all Visa and MasterCard transactions or 4.6% for American Express. Credit card administration fees also apply to the Liability Deposit and only the customer’s credit card is acceptable to use for the purpose of the Liability Deposit and the Credit Card Authority. The credit card administration fee is subject to change.
Credit Card Authority
The customer authorises Mighty to retain the details of their credit card and to take any action to recover from the credit card the amounts due by the customer pursuant to the Mighty Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions. These charges including, but not limited to, vehicle cleaning (this includes toilet and waste water tank emptying), speeding, toll way, parking or freedom camping fines, on road assistance, delivery and return of vehicle, late drop off fees, failure to return the vehicle with full diesel or petrol tanks or full LPG bottle (pre-paid fuel and pre-paid gas is included in the Express Return Pack), rental extensions or Exclusions. For security purposes, only the customer’s credit card can be used for the Credit Card Authority.
Exchange Rate / Currency Variations
All credit and debit card transactions are conducted in New Zealand dollars. Due to exchange rate fluctuations and/or bank transaction fees, there could be some variance in the amount refunded compared to the amount initially charged. Mighty does not accept liability for any such variation or any interest incurred on such amounts.
Mighty will not honour calculation errors. Should a calculation error occur Mighty will charge for the shortfall.
AUCKLAND 36 Richard Pearse Drive Mangere
CHRISTCHURCH 159 Orchard Road Christchurch
QUEENSTOWN 50 Lucas Place Frankton
Any problems associated with the vehicle, including equipment failure, must be reported to Mighty as soon as possible and within 24 hours in order to give Mighty the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental. Failure to do so will compromise any claims for compensation. Mighty does not accept liability for any claims submitted after this period. Please contact us on freephone or landline.
One-way Rental Fees
Public Holiday Surcharge
Extra Driver Fee
A fee per extra driver, per hire applies. $1 per day (maximum charge per hire, per driver is $30)
• A Public Holiday Surcharge will apply to all rentals picking up and/or dropping off on national public holidays listed above.
• The one-way fee if applicable is charged per hire. The minimum one-way rental duration may apply.
• *Christchurch pick up fee is subject to change
No animals are permitted in our vehicles, excluding guide dogs.
Mighty reserves the right to refuse any rental at its discretion.
Illustrations and text in any of our documentation, brochures or website are subject to change. Images are a representation only of the vehicle depicted.
Variances in the vehicles offered for rental may occur due to substitutions made by Mighty or modifications and/or upgrades to the vehicle design made by the manufacturer. Terms of booking on this website
The rates on this website are often heavily discounted. This is due to our negotiated rates and bulk buying power. On very rare occasions, a rate may be displayed incorrectly due to our, or a vehicle supplier's error. In such a case, if you book with us at a quoted rate that is incorrect, we will notify you of any price change and give you the option to proceed or cancel. We make every effort to keep information on our site up to date, but we cannot guarantee this website is free of errors or omissions and retain the right to update or change the information published at any time.
To the extent permitted by law we/the owners of this website will not be liable to you or to any third party (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to any accident, injury, delay or loss of enjoyment) arising out of your reliance upon information contained on this website, including but not limited to your use (or inability to use) any products or services described or procured through this website.
When you pick up your vehicle, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the supplier of the vehicle. Your rental and use of the vehicle will be governed by the terms of the rental agreement and any other documentation or information provided to you by the supplier at the time you pick up your vehicle. The rental agreement is between you and the supplier and we will not be liable to you or to any third party in relation to the terms of the supplier’s rental agreement or any other documentation provided to you by the supplier at the time of pick up.
While we will make reasonable efforts to ensure we are representing only reputable suppliers, we make no warranty about the fitness or suitability of any third party (supplier) product or service and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness of any vehicle. If you encounter issues with the vehicle whilst on hire, you MUST report these issues directly to the relevant supplier at the earliest possible time. This will allow the supplier to remedy any issues and minimise any inconvenience to you. If you fail to report any vehicle issues during your rental, it is likely that compensation will not be offered. We welcome feedback from our customers on their experience with our suppliers. We may, at our discretion, provide you with reasonable assistance in resolving any dispute you may have with a supplier.
Our total liability to you in relation to your use of this website and the information contained on this website will not exceed the dollar amount of the deposit we have received from you in relation to your booking/rental. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather. Again, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance. Your use of this website is governed by the laws of New Zealand and the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
To make a booking you must complete our booking form which is easy to follow and secured with the latest encryption technology. Once we receive your form, we will, subject to availability, confirm your booking by emailing you a confirmation voucher and invoice. The deposit required to secure your vehicle (as shown on the secure booking page) will only be processed on your credit card when your booking is confirmed. Please note that a 1.95% credit card or debit card surcharge will be added when your payment is processed.
A booking is confirmed when you have been emailed a confirmation voucher and at this stage the deposit is processed on your card and becomes non-refundable and any cancellation fees stated in the supplier's terms apply. Upon receipt of your confirmation, please check your details carefully and notify us immediately if there are any incorrect details, as it may not be possible to make changes at a later date.
If you are booking via phone, please make sure you have read the terms and conditions of the vehicle you wish to rent first. Our reservations consultant will ask you if you have read the terms and agree to them before proceeding. The onus is always on the renter to ensure they make themselves fully aware of the terms displayed on our website.
In booking on this website you acknowledge that we disclose your information to your selected Supplier in order to provide the requested rental services.
Please note that some suppliers treat an amendment as a new booking and apply the rate current at the time the amendment is made to recalculate the entire booking amount (not just the days changed). If the rental period is increased, an additional deposit may be required. If the rental period is shortened which results in a reduction of the rental charges, the deposit amount will remain unchanged, and the difference between the original and revised deposit is forfeited (it cannot be used towards remaining rental charges). To request a change to a confirmed booking, please use the alterations request link on your confirmation. Any alterations are subject to availability and the approval of the supplier. In addition to the alteration policy of the supplier stated in their terms, the following charges will apply:
Motorhome rental alterations (all charges stated in local currency): 25.00
The alteration fee will not be charged if your alteration request is not possible.
Vehicle Capacity and fitness to drive
Under no circumstances are you permitted to carry more passengers than the vehicle you rent is legally registered to carry, and if you do your insurance may be invalidated. The number of seatbelts (and passengers) is indicated next to each vehicle on this website. Luggage capacity where shown is an indication only and we will not be responsible should you be unable to fit your entire luggage into a vehicle. It is your responsibility to choose a journey that is within your capabilities. A vehicle supplier can refuse to rent a vehicle to any person who is in their opinion unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility requirements. In such circumstances we will have no further liability to you.
We are committed to providing a quality service and aim for complete customer satisfaction. In the event of cancellation, any refunds or penalties are detailed in the terms and conditions of your selected vehicle that you are asked to read and accept at time of booking. In the event you are unsatisfied with our service, please contact us within 48 hours of placing your booking or request and we will work to resolve any issues and determine if compensation is due. In the event you have completed your rental and are unhappy with your vehicle, we are happy to assist you in seeking compensation from the operator of the vehicle.
This website is owned and operated by Motorhome Republic Ltd. Our financial centre and marketing office is based at Level 4 Excelsior House, 6 Commerce St , Auckland, New Zealand. In Australia, we are based at Suite 3.01, 11 Queens Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004. Thank you for booking with us.