fetch campervan hire new zealand | senior campervan hire new zealand | family campervan hire new zealand | cheap campervan hire new zealand
early booker campervan hire new zealand
McRent NZ informationMcRent Motorhome Hire is located in London with easy access to all major airports and major road networks. McRent motorhome Hire is the largest Motorhome Hire Company in Europe with over 40 locations in Germany, Netherlands, Spain, France, Portugal, Italy and Norway.
Motorhome holidays give you the freedom to discover a new destination every day and are popular with families looking to get away with the kids during school holidays and couples who wish to explore the fantastic British countryside, heritage and Europe.
McRent NZ Rental TermsPlease Note Campervan/Motorhome/RV types displayed are for illustration purposes only.
Actual vehicle may vary from photographs and illustrations.
The operator reserves the right to change specs and/or supply similar or higher class vehicle for the advertised price without notification. Please note: Floor-plans, interior shots and or vehicle specifications are indicative only.
The supplier reserves the right to substitute this vehicle model from the same category or from a higher category. McRent cannot guarantee any type of vehicle only the category.
Please note: If you do not book in the local currency of the country where your rental takes place the payment due dates will change and your main vehicle rental charges will be payable in full upon confirmation of your booking.
This is to lock in the currency rate of the day you booked on and avoid further currency fluctuations. Some charges like taxes, compulsory fees, extra items may still be payable upon pick up of your vehicle in their local currency.
(Please note, If you book in the local currency of the country where your rental takes place the standard payment terms described under the heading Payment Terms will apply.)
Terms of payment
A non-refundable booking deposit will be taken at the time of booking confirmation to secure your booking. This amount will be detailed in your breakdown of pricing.
The remainder of the payment will be collected 50 days prior to your rental commencement.
Payment for some physical extras and taxes may be payable at time of vehicle pick up. If this is the case these will be clearly itemised in your pricing breakdown.
Included in rental rate
An awning is affixed to all McRent motorhomes. Please be aware that a NZ$ 2.000,00 liability to cover any damages found at the end of hire applies outside of the standard security deposit, before requesting the handle.
Return of the vehicle
Basis for the calculation are the rates valid for the respective season. Pick Up and Drop Off are counted as a single day, unless a 24 h period is exceeded. (daily pro rata billing)
Pick Up & Drop Off
See detailed depot information for opening hours
Early Pick Up/Late Drop Off: NZ$ 50,00 per every extra hour/part of an hour.
If the client can't show a valid credit card, passport or ID and a valid driver's license the vehicle is deemed to be not collected.
McRent only guarantees a specific group, NOT a specific vehicles. Seats and berths may vary.
McRent only guarantees a specific group, NOT a specific vehicles. Seats and berths may vary
A security deposit of NZ$ 7.500,00 has to be deposited when hiring the vehicle. This security deposit can be reduced (see additional accessories). It is payable exceptionally by credit card.
Fees of cancellation or reduction of the length of hire/cancelled days
Minimum age: 25 years.
If renting a vehicle weighing more than 3.5 tonne, it is the driver's responsibility to check that his/her driver's licence permits him/her to drive it.
No maximum age
Valid for at least one year before rental (>3.5 tonne: 3 years)
Minimum rental time
Depending on season at least 5 days
Age of the vehicles
Max. 2 years old
Gearshift – Automatic
Smoking not allowed in any vehicle.
Pets – Exclusively to be accommodated on agreement with the rental station
Accidents – Immediate information of police and rental station. Damage has to be recorded and documented appropriately.
Destination – Journeys abroad are not permitted.
One-way fees from
01.10. - 31.03. Christchurch to Auckland NZ$ 150.00
01.04. - 30.09. Christchurch to Auckland f.o.c.
01.10. - 31.03. Auckland to Christchurch NZ$ 250.00
01.04. - 30.09. Auckland to Christchurch NZ$ 100.00
Price per l NZ$ 2.50 Diesel
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND BEFORE SIGNING AND ACCEPTING IT.)
The Hirer shall ensure that the fuel tank is filled with the correct fuel and the fresh water tank is not contaminated. The Hirer shall return the Vehicle in a reasonably clean and tidy condition, with a full fuel tank and LPG bottle, empty waste tank, and all Vehicle equipment accounted for and undamaged. Failure to do so will result in loss of bond.
Mechanical repairs and accidents
The Hirer shall notify the Rental Company without delay and in any event within 24 hours of occurence if the Vehicle is involved in an accident, or is otherwise damaged, breaks down or requires repair or salvage.
The Hirer acknowledges that he/she shall be liable in respect to the first NZ$7,500 of the damage or loss referred to in the insurance cover specified in clause 24 unless liability reduction insurance is taken (clause 27).
The Hirer acknowledges that he/she is aware of the insurance exclusions set out in clause 30.
Credit and debit card charges
The Hirer agrees to the Rental Company charging all amounts incurred under this agreement to the Hirer’s credit or debit card.
Child Restraint Disclaimer
The Rental Company is able to assist with the installation of a child restraint. However, in the event of an accident the Rental Company will NOT be liable for any loss or damage incurred in relation to child restraints. It is the legal responsibility of the child’s parent or guardian to ensure that any child is properly restrained.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This agreement is between McRent New Zealand Limited (the “Rental Company”) and the Hirer whose particulars are recorded in this agreement (the “Hirer”). It is hereby agreed that the Rental Company will let the Hirer take possession of the Vehicle, details of which are set out in this agreement (the “Vehicle”), for the term of hire described in this agreement and on the terms and conditions of this agreement.
WHO MAY DRIVE THE VEHICLE
2. The Vehicle may be driven during the term of hire only by the person(s) described in this agreement and only if each such person holds a current full driver’s licence appropriate for the class of vehicle in this agreement and is aged 25 or over.
The licence details are recorded in this agreement alongside each person’s name. If the foreign driver’s licence is not in English, an English translation or international driving permit shall be carried with the foreign driver’s licence.
Please note: drivers in New Zealand must have 2 years driving experience and restricted licenses are not accepted.
PAYMENTS BY THE HIRER
3. a) The Hirer shall pay the Rental Company for the hire of the Vehicle the amount specified in this agreement. At time of booking a deposit being 30% of the total cost and in any event a minimum of NZ$500 deposit is payable by the Hirer to secure the booking. The balance of the payment must be made 50 days prior to commencement of the hire. If the balance is not received 35 days prior to commencement of the hire, the Rental Company reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
b) If the term of hire is later extended the Hirer shall pay the Rental Company for the additional hire period when the Rental Company confirms the extended period. Extensions are subject to availability and are calculated at the daily rental rate on the date the extended period is booked.
4. In addition, the Hirer acknowledges that he/she shall be liable to pay the Rental Company at the end of the hire period any applicable additional charges specified in the agreement. These may include Road User Charge Recovery Fee (only apply to booking with standard excess NZD 7500 or liability reduction to NZD 1000), charges for fuel, late return, damage to or repair of the Vehicle (subject to other terms in this agreement), costs incurred by the Rental Company through salvage or loss of revenue resulting from the hire, any enforcement charges relating to such damage or repairs (including legal costs), traffic fines or infringement fees, and toll charges and the administration costs relating to these fines, fees and charges. The Road User Charge will be invoiced to the customer after the rental.
An awning is affixed to all Vehicles. Please be aware that a NZD 2000 liability to cover any damages found at the end of hire applies outside of the standard security deposit, before requesting the handle.
The relevant hire charge includes: In generally unlimited mileage; specials could have limited kilometres, extra kilometres will be charge according to the valid price list. The Rental Company will deduct such charges from the Hirer’s credit card during or after the term of hire is completed, or the Hirer may pay such charges as agreed with the Rental Company, such choice to be at the Rental Company’s sole discretion.
5. All payments shall be made in New Zealand Dollars. The following credit or debit cards will be accepted: Visa and Mastercard. A non-refundable 2.5% administration fee will apply to Visa and Mastercard transactions.
6. Rates include GST. Rental days are calculated on a calendar basis. Part days at the start or end of the hire are charged at the full daily rate.
7. Late pick up or early return of the Vehicle shall not entitle the Hirer to any refund of the unused portion of the rental.
8. The Hirer agrees to pay a bond equal to the applicable insurance excess at the start of the hire which will be refunded once:
a) the Vehicle and its contents have been returned in the same condition as when hired; and
b) the Vehicle is returned to the agreed location on the agreed date. Failure to comply with this clause will result in the bond being reduced rateably and proportionately to allow the Rental Company to reinstate the Vehicle and/or its contents back to the same condition it was before commencement of the hire.
9. On payment of liability reduction insurance by the Hirer, the bond payable by the Hirer is reduced to NZ$500.
USE OF THE VEHICLE.
10. The Hirer shall not:
a) sublet, hire or otherwise part with possession of the Vehicle to any other person;
b) allow the Vehicle to be used outside his/her authority or for a purpose other than a motorhome;
c) operate the Vehicle, or permit it to be operated in circumstances that constitute an offence;
d) drive or allow the Vehicle to be driven on any beach or surface likely to damage the Vehicle; or
e) involve the Vehicle in any race, speed test, rally or contest; or
f) allow the Vehicle to transport more than the number of persons permitted by any applicable law or detailed in the Vehicle Manual.
RENTAL COMPANY OBLIGATIONS
11. The Rental Company shall deliver the Vehicle in a safe and roadworthy condition, up to the current Warrantof Fitness standards.
12. The Rental Company shall be responsible for all maintenance and running costs of the Vehicle during the term of the hire except to the extent that by the terms of this agreement those costs are payable by the Hirer.
13. If the reserved Vehicle is not available for reasons outside the Rental Company’s control, then the reserved Vehicle may be substituted with a comparable or superior Vehicle at no extra cost to the Hirer. Such Vehicle substitution shall not constitute a breach of this agreement and does not entitle the Hirer to any form of refund or other claim against the Rental Company. If no substitute Vehicle is available to the Hirer, the Rental Company’s liability shall be limited to a refund of the hire charge in full. In the case of mechanical failure (unless caused by the Hirer), the Rental Company’s liability shall be limited to the hire charge for the remainder of the term of hire.
14. The Hirer shall ensure that:
a) All reasonable care is taken when driving and parking the Vehicle;
b) The engine coolant and oil in the Vehicle are maintained at the proper level;
c) The tyres are maintained at their proper pressure;
d) The Vehicle is locked and secure at all times when it is not in use;
e) The Vehicle keys are kept secure. The cost of replacement keys (approximately NZ$500) and related services for example courier shall be at the Hirer’s expense;
f) the engine, transmission, braking or suspension systems are not interfered with;
g) The fuel tank is filled with the correct fuel and the freshwater tank is not contaminated. The cost of replacing tanks is at the Hirer’s expense;
h) Should a warning light be illuminated or the Hirer believes the Vehicle requires mechanical attention, he/she shall stop driving and inform the Rental Company immediately;
i) There is no smoking in the Vehicle at all times. Any evidence of smoking in the Vehicle shall incur a cleaning fee of NZ$500;
j) Animals are not permitted inside the Vehicle;
k) Journeys outside of New Zealand are not permitted;
l) The Vehicle shall be driven only on sealed roads maintained by the local authorities. Leaving any main road means the Vehicle is not covered by your insurance policy and you are traveling at your own risk. This includes but is not limited to travelling on all ski access roads, Skippers Canyon Road, Ball Hut Road and Ninety Mile Beach.
RIGHTS UNDER AGREEMENT
15. The Hirer acknowledges and agrees (including for the benefit of the Owner (as defined below) that:
a) a person other than the Rental Company is the legal Owner of the Vehicle (the “Owner”) and the Rental Company has entered into an agreement to take the Vehicle on bailment from the Owner (the “Bailment Agreement”) and the Rental Company may charge, mortgage or grant a security interest (a “Security”) in its interest in the within agreement in favour of the Owner without the Hirer’s consent;
b) the exercise of any rights by the Owner under the Bailment Agreement or a Security will not constitute a breach or default under the within agreement or otherwise entitle the Hirer to terminate, rescind or revoke the within agreement and further the Owner may contact the Hirer to verify its possession of the Vehicle;
c) the Hirer’s rights in respect of the Vehicle are expressly subject and subordinated to the rights of the Owner and nothing in the within agreement will in any way limit, reduce, vary or otherwise qualify the rights of the Owner under or in connection with the Bailment Agreement or any Security;
d) if a repudiation or termination occurs under the Bailment Agreement or a Security becomes enforceable
e) the Owner or Rental Company may by notice to the Hirer terminate this agreement and upon such notice the Hirer’s right to possess and use the Vehicle shall immediately cease and the Hirer must surrender possession and control of the Vehicle to the Owner or the Rental Company, notwithstanding that the Hirer may not be in breach or default of its obligations under the within agreement; and
f) the Owner or Rental Company may enter any premises where any Vehicle is located to exercise any rights of the Rental Company or the Owner under any Security, the within agreement or at law including, if the need arises, the right to remove the Vehicle from the relevant premises. The Hirer agrees to obtain all necessary consents from the Owner, occupier and other interested persons (such as any mortgagee) of the relevant premises where the Vehicle is located to enable the Owner and Rental Company to do this. The Hirer acknowledges, including for the benefit of the Owner, that by entering into this agreement the Rental Company will be in breach of the Bailment Agreement unless the Hirer agrees to the terms set out in paragraphs a), b), c) and d).
STORAGE AND FORWARDING OF PERSONAL DATA
16. a) Hirer agrees to the Rental Company storing personal data.
b) The Rental Company may forward these data via the central warning ring to third parties with ajustified interest if the statements made in the rental are incorrect in essential points or the rented Vehicle is not returned within 24 hours of the expiry of the rental period (also extended, if need be) or if rental claims have to be made in judicial reminder proceedings or cheques presented by Hirer are not honoured. In addition, the data can be forwarded to all the authorities responsible for prosecution of offences against public order and criminal offences in the event of Hirer actually behaving dishonestly or sufficient indications herefor existing. This is done, for example, in the event of wrong information for the rental, presentation of forged personal documents or such reported as having been lost, failure to return the Vehicle, failure to notify a technical defect, road traffic offences or similar.
MECHANICAL REPAIRS & ACCIDENTS
17. If the Vehicle is involved in an accident, damaged, breaks down or requires repair or salvage, regardless of cause, the Hirer shall notify the Rental Company providing full details immediately during office hours or otherwise within 24 hours in order to give the Rental Company the opportunity to rectify the problem during the hire. Failure to do so may affect any claims for compensation relating to the hire.
18. The Hirer shall not arrange or undertake any repairs or salvage without the Rental Company’s express authority. If the Vehicle is damaged to the extent that it cannot be driven, the Rental Company shall endeavour to exchange the Vehicle. Provision of an exchange Vehicle is subject to availability and the Hirer’s location.
19. The Rental Company is liable for refund of hire charges of any unused full day of Vehicle lost due to a mechanical breakdown. The Rental Company is not responsible for any monetary compensation, accommodation charges or meals resulting from a breakdown or accident.
20. All Vehicles are registered with the Automobile Association (AA) for 24 hour roadside assistance. This service covers any mechanical faults with the Vehicle. AA does not cover the following and the associated costs will be the responsibility of the Hirer: a) the Vehicle running out of fuel or breakdown caused by the Vehicle being incorrectly fueled;
b) the Vehicle is unable to be accessed due to a lock out or the Vehicle keys being lost;
c) flat batteries caused by incorrect usage of the batteries and/or incorrect usage of any equipment that requires the batteries in order to operate;
d) flat or damaged tyre(s) unless the Hirer has taken liability reduction insurance;
e) the Vehicle is unattended at the time the AA Service Provider arrives at the breakdown location; and
f) the Vehicle is not on public or formed road or is trapped or bogged.
21. All non-mechanical call-outs to the AA will incur a call-out charge payable by the Hirer.
RETURN OF THE VEHICLE
22. The Hirer shall, at or before the expiry of the term of hire, deliver the Vehicle to the Rental Company as described on the front of this agreement, or obtain the Rental Company’s consent to the continuation of the hire. Failure to return the Vehicle to the agreed Vehicle return location will result in the Hirer incurring a minimum charge of NZ$1,000. Failure to return the Vehicle at the agreed time and/or day will incur a late fee of NZ$150 per day payable in addition to the daily rental rate for each day until the Vehicle is returned.
23. The Hirer shall return the Vehicle with:
a) a full fuel tank and full LPG bottle. Failure to do so shall result in refill charges of fuel cost at NZ$2.50 per litre, LPG bottle at NZ$40 each plus service charge of NZ$25;
b) empty waste tank;
c) all Vehicle equipment accounted for and undamaged. The Hirer is liable for any equipment that is damaged or not accounted for; and
d) in a reasonably clean and tidy condition. Failure to do so shall result in a cleaning fee of up to NZ$500.
24. Any driver described in this agreement is the person permitted to drive the Vehicle. He/she is responsible for any loss or damage to the Vehicle and for any consequential damage, loss or costs incurred by the Rental Company through salvage or loss of revenue resulting from the hire beyond the applicable excess amount.
25. Any driver described in this agreement is the person(s) permitted to drive the Vehicle. He/she is responsible [for the indemnified] to the extent of NZ$1,000,000 in respect of any liability he or she might have for damage to any property (including injury to any animal) belonging to any person and arising out of the use of the Vehicle.
26. The Hirer’s liability will be for any loss or damage to the Vehicle, however caused, and for any consequential loss or damage, during the term of this hire, or during any authorised extensions to the term, up to the applicable excess amount of NZ$7,500.
27. The Hirer is liable for payment of the applicable insurance excess in the case of damage to, or accidents involving the Vehicle when the Hirer has not taken liability reduction insurance. On payment of the liability reduction insurance by the Hirer, the excess payable by the Hirer is reduced or eliminated depending on the liability reduction option selected and subject to exclusions in clause 30. The Rental Company may make the applicable deduction from the Hirer’s credit card following notification of any loss or damage to the Vehicle.
28. In the event of any damage to the Vehicle, its contents or third party property, another bond shall be collected to cover the excess for any subsequent damage.
29. Where the total cost of a claim is less than the excess then the Hirer shall be liable to pay that lesser amount.
30. The Hirer acknowledges that the cover referred to in clause 24 will not apply when:
a) the Vehicle is driven by anyone not named in this agreement as the person(s) permitted to drive the Vehicle;
b) the driver of the Vehicle is under the influence of alcohol or any drug;
c) the Vehicle is in an unsafe or un-roadworthy condition, such condition arising during the term of the hire, that caused or contributed to the damage or loss, and the Hirer or driver of the Vehicle was aware or should have been aware of the unsafe or un-roadworthy condition of the Vehicle;
d) the Vehicle is willfully or recklessly damaged or lost by the Hirer, the nominated driver, or the person under the Hirer’s authority or control including sitting or standing on the roof, driving on any beach or surface likely to damage the Vehicle or cause it to become bogged or trapped, driving through flooded areas, submersing in water or exposing the Vehicle to salt water;
e) the fuel or freshwater tanks are contaminated; or
f) the Vehicle was operated outside the terms of this agreement or any agreed extension of the term of this agreement.
31. The Hirer is advised that New Zealand law permits the Rental Company to debit the Hirer’s credit card for any infringement fee for an offence where the offence was committed during the term of the hire. This includes but is not limited to speeding, toll road, parking and freedom camping offences. The Rental Company may also charge an administration fee of NZ$25 per infringement notice received.
32. The Rental Company will send the Hirer a copy of the infringement notice and any reminder notice as soon as practicable after it is received by the Rental Company. The Hirer has the right to challenge, complain about, query or object to the alleged offence to the issuing enforcement authority and seek a court hearing (within 56 days from the date of issue of the infringement notice or 28 days from the date of issue of the reminder notice).
AMENDING OR CANCELLING HIRE AGREEMENT
33. The Hirer may make amendments to a confirmed booking with not less than least 60 days’ notice from the date of the agreed commencement of the rental period subject to the Rental Company having alternative capacity and alternative booking dates available. Re-booking is only possible in the same calendar year.
34. The Rental Company may cancel this agreement and take immediate possession of the Vehicle if:
a) The Hirer fails to comply with any of the terms of this agreement or if the Vehicle is damaged;
b) The Hirer has obtained the Vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation;
c) The Vehicle appears to be abandoned;
d) The Vehicle is not returned at or before the expiry of the term of hire or the Rental Company reasonably believes that the Vehicle will not be returned at or before the expiry of the term of hire; or
e) The Rental Company considers, on reasonable grounds that the safety of the passengers or the condition of the Vehicle is or has been endangered.
35. If the Rental Company cancels this agreement then no refund will be given.
36. The termination of the hiring under this agreement shall be without prejudice to the other rights of the Rental Company under this agreement.
37. Terms and conditions as well as rates quoted are subject to change without notice. However, rates or conditions for a particular booking shall not be altered once that booking has been confirmed except where clause 33 applies.
THE RENTAL COMPANY LIABILITY TO THE HIRER
38. Except as specified in this clause, there are no other warranties, conditions or indemnities relating to the hire given by the Rental Company to the Hirer. All conditions and warranties whether expressed or implied by law, trade, custom or otherwise are hereby expressly excluded except for those conditions and warranties implied by law which cannot be excluded or modified. In this regard, nothing in this clause 38 is intended to limit the application of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
39. The Rental Company shall not be liable for any loss of profits or consequential, indirect or special loss, damage or injury of any kind suffered by the Hirer.
40. The Rental Company may assist the Hirer with installation of a child restraint. However, the Rental Company will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by the Hirer in relation to child restraints. It is the legal responsibility of the child’s parent or guardian to ensure that any child is properly restrained.
41. The Hirer releases the Owner of the Vehicle, the Rental Company and their respective directors, employees and agents from any liability to the Hirer (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by the Hirer by reason of rental, possession or use of the Vehicle or storage of personal belongings at the Rental Company’s premises.
GPS TRACKING SYSTEM
42. It is acknowledged and agreed by the Hirer that the Vehicle may be equipped with GPS Tracking Systems or other electronic tools to enable the geographical location of the Vehicle to be tracked or located.
PERSONAL PROPERTY REGISTRATION
43. The Hirer acknowledges and agrees that the Rental Company may register at any time details of the hire (including details of the Hirer) contemplated by this agreement on the New Zealand Personal Property Securities Register and the Hirer waives his/her right to receive any verification statement relating to such registration.
44. For international customers (flight time more than 6 hours) the Rental Company highly recommends the Hirer stays one night in accommodation nearby to rest, before picking up the Vehicle. Terms of booking on this website
The rates on this website are often heavily discounted. This is due to our negotiated rates and bulk buying power. On very rare occasions, a rate may be displayed incorrectly due to our, or a vehicle supplier's error. In such a case, if you book with us at a quoted rate that is incorrect, we will notify you of any price change and give you the option to proceed or cancel. We make every effort to keep information on our site up to date, but we cannot guarantee this website is free of errors or omissions and retain the right to update or change the information published at any time.
To the extent permitted by law we/the owners of this website will not be liable to you or to any third party (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to any accident, injury, delay or loss of enjoyment) arising out of your reliance upon information contained on this website, including but not limited to your use (or inability to use) any products or services described or procured through this website.
When you pick up your vehicle, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the supplier of the vehicle. Your rental and use of the vehicle will be governed by the terms of the rental agreement and any other documentation or information provided to you by the supplier at the time you pick up your vehicle. The rental agreement is between you and the supplier and we will not be liable to you or to any third party in relation to the terms of the supplier’s rental agreement or any other documentation provided to you by the supplier at the time of pick up.
While we will make reasonable efforts to ensure we are representing only reputable suppliers, we make no warranty about the fitness or suitability of any third party (supplier) product or service and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness of any vehicle. If you encounter issues with the vehicle whilst on hire, you MUST report these issues directly to the relevant supplier at the earliest possible time. This will allow the supplier to remedy any issues and minimise any inconvenience to you. If you fail to report any vehicle issues during your rental, it is likely that compensation will not be offered. We welcome feedback from our customers on their experience with our suppliers. We may, at our discretion, provide you with reasonable assistance in resolving any dispute you may have with a supplier.
Our total liability to you in relation to your use of this website and the information contained on this website will not exceed the dollar amount of the deposit we have received from you in relation to your booking/rental. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather. Again, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance. Your use of this website is governed by the laws of New Zealand and the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
To make a booking you must complete our booking form which is easy to follow and secured with the latest encryption technology. Once we receive your form, we will, subject to availability, confirm your booking by emailing you a confirmation voucher and invoice. The deposit required to secure your vehicle (as shown on the secure booking page) will only be processed on your credit card when your booking is confirmed. Please note that a 2% credit card or debit card surcharge will be added when your payment is processed.
A booking is confirmed when you have been emailed a confirmation voucher and at this stage the deposit is processed on your card and becomes non-refundable and any cancellation fees stated in the supplier's terms apply. Upon receipt of your confirmation, please check your details carefully and notify us immediately if there are any incorrect details, as it may not be possible to make changes at a later date.
If you are booking via phone, please make sure you have read the terms and conditions of the vehicle you wish to rent first. Our reservations consultant will ask you if you have read the terms and agree to them before proceeding. The onus is always on the renter to ensure they make themselves fully aware of the terms displayed on our website.
In booking on this website you acknowledge that we disclose your information to your selected Supplier in order to provide the requested rental services.
Please note that some suppliers treat an amendment as a new booking and apply the rate current at the time the amendment is made to recalculate the entire booking amount (not just the days changed). If the rental period is increased, an additional deposit may be required. If the rental period is shortened which results in a reduction of the rental charges, the deposit amount will remain unchanged, and the difference between the original and revised deposit is forfeited (it cannot be used towards remaining rental charges). To request a change to a confirmed booking, please use the alterations request link on your confirmation. Any alterations are subject to availability and the approval of the supplier. In addition to the alteration policy of the supplier stated in their terms, the following charges will apply:
Motorhome rental alterations (all charges stated in local currency): 25.00
The alteration fee will not be charged if your alteration request is not possible.
Vehicle Capacity and fitness to drive
Under no circumstances are you permitted to carry more passengers than the vehicle you rent is legally registered to carry, and if you do your insurance may be invalidated. The number of seatbelts (and passengers) is indicated next to each vehicle on this website. Luggage capacity where shown is an indication only and we will not be responsible should you be unable to fit your entire luggage into a vehicle. It is your responsibility to choose a journey that is within your capabilities. A vehicle supplier can refuse to rent a vehicle to any person who is in their opinion unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility requirements. In such circumstances we will have no further liability to you.
We are committed to providing a quality service and aim for complete customer satisfaction. In the event of cancellation, any refunds or penalties are detailed in the terms and conditions of your selected vehicle that you are asked to read and accept at time of booking. In the event you are unsatisfied with our service, please contact us within 48 hours of placing your booking or request and we will work to resolve any issues and determine if compensation is due. In the event you have completed your rental and are unhappy with your vehicle, we are happy to assist you in seeking compensation from the operator of the vehicle.
This website is owned and operated by Motorhome Republic Ltd. Our financial centre and marketing office is based at Level 5, 12 Madden Street, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland, New Zealand. In Australia, we are based at Suite 3.01, 11 Queens Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004. Thank you for booking with us.