fetch campervan hire new zealand | senior campervan hire new zealand | family campervan hire new zealand | cheap campervan hire new zealand
early booker campervan hire new zealand
Maui Motorhomes NZ informationA Maui Motorhome is an exciting and convenient way to discover New Zealand. Choose from Maui's large fleet of 2 - 6 berth Motorhomes to tour at your own pace and on your own itinerary. With their unbeatable service including free unlimited kilometres, 24-hour on-road assistance, and complimentary travel wallet filled with a road map, discounts and Campground Guides, you'll be free to relax and unwind.
Maui even offers complimentary transfers between the airport and our branches in Auckland, Christchurch and Queenstown on the day you pick-up your vehicle and again when you return it.
Maui Motorhomes NZ Rental TermsIMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RENTALS
On arrival, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the operators of Maui Motorhomes NZ. Here is a summary of their terms and conditions.
The following definitions apply for the Terms and Conditions of Maui Motorhomes NZ:
* The Supplier means the operator of Maui Motorhomes NZ.
* The Client is also referred to as the hirer (s) or renter (s).
* When you receive your confirmation a non-refundable deposit is required to secure the booking. This is shown at the time of booking. The balance of monies owing to Maui Motorhomes is required 38 days before the hire commences. Cancellation fees apply see below.
* A bond amount of NZ$7,500 is also due upon arrival (Liability and Bond Reduction Option is available to be selected at extra cost). This amount is deducted from your credit card is fully refundable when the vehicle is returned to the correct location on time, is full of fuel and all other terms of the Rental Contract have been complied with. Please read the Terms and Conditions for full details.
Note: full balance of payment (including the deposit) will be collected at the time of confirmation if you have elected to process your booking in a currency different to NZD.
The initial deposit paid is non-refundable. In addition, the following charges also apply:
If cancelled up to 94 days prior to pick-up: No Further Fee
If cancelled from 93 to 25 days prior to pick-up: 10% of Total Rental
If cancelled from 24 to 10 days prior to pick-up: 20% of Total Rental
If cancelled 9 to 4 days prior to pick-up: 50% of Total Rental
If cancelled 3 days prior to pick up or No-Show: 100% of Total Rental
If vehicle is returned early for any reason whatsoever no refund is available for the unused portion of the hire
Our cancellation fees have been reworded to clarify when fees are applied should travel dates be amended:-
If the Customer changes the travel dates of their booking and subsequently cancels:
We strongly recommend that clients ensure they take out the highest level of travel insurance. In many cases, this will cover any losses incurred if you are forced to cancel your booking.
Credit and Debit Card Payments
The credit or debit card holder will be jointly and severally liable as a customer. Accepted credit and debit cards are Visa Card, MasterCard and American Express. A non-refundable 3.1% administration fee will apply to all Visa and MasterCard transactions or 4.6% for American Express. Credit card administration fees also apply to the Liability Deposit and only the customer’s credit card is acceptable to use for the purpose of the Liability Deposit and the Credit Card Authority. The credit card administration fee is subject to change.
Credit Card Authority
The customer authorises Maui to retain the details of their credit card and to take any action to recover from the credit card the amounts due by the customer pursuant to the Maui Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions. These charges including, but not limited to, vehicle cleaning (this includes toilet and waste water tank emptying), speeding, toll way, parking or freedom camping fines, on road assistance, delivery and return of vehicle, late drop off fees, failure to return the vehicle with full diesel or petrol tanks or full LPG bottle (pre-paid fuel and pre-paid gas is included in the Express Return Pack), rental extensions or Exclusions. For security purposes, only the customer’s credit card can be used for the Credit Card Authority.
INCLUDED IN RATES
- Unlimited kilometres
- Vehicle liability
- 15% GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Airport transfers upon vehicle collection and return
- Kitchen equipment
- Linen and bedding
- General equipment
- Customer care 24 hours, 7 days per week road-service helpline (toll-free)
- Plus in camper tablet with GPS, CamperHelp and more.
- A Public Holiday Surcharge will apply to all rentals picking up and/or dropping off on national public holidays listed above.
- The one-way fee if applicable is charged per hire. A minimum one-way rental duration may apply.
- *Christchurch pick up fee is subject to change.
Additional Booking Options
1Liability Reduction Option:Reduces Vehicle Liability to Nil
2Single vehicle rollover cover: The customer will not have to pay for the costs of any damage attributed to an accidental single vehicle rollover.
3Road User Charges: The Road User Charge Recover Fee is included in the Express Return Pack. If this Package is not selected the Road User Charge Recovery Fee will be calculated and collected on return of the Campervan based on the kilometres travelled during the hire.
The vehicle rates per 100km are as follows:
Ultima, Ultima Plus, Cascade: $6.84
Beach, Sunset, River: $7.24
4Express key return: In conjunction with Liability Reduction Option or the Maui Inclusive Pack.
5Express Return Pack: Pricing and inclusions are subject to change.
VEHICLE LIABILITY AND LIABILITY REDUCTION OPTION
New Zealand legislation provides limited coverage for personal injury. Except where such loss or damage is caused by maui’s (or that of its employees) own negligence or breach of the maui Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions, maui does not accept liability for any loss or damage to any personal belongings or property of the Customer (or any person or entity related to the Customer). maui strongly recommend that all people travelling in New Zealand take out personal travel insurance.
In the USA a liability is referred to as the “deductible”.
All vehicles are insured for the damage to the vehicle or to the property of a third party. The customer is responsible for the first $7,500 (“the liability”) of the cost of any damage to third party property or to the rented vehicle, including single vehicle accident (does not include single vehicle roll over), windscreen and tyre damage, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, break-in or vandalism with the exception of the ‘Exclusions’. This also includes the cost of the daily rental for the period the vehicle is being repaired. In addition to these costs, an administration fee of $60 may apply, per claim. The liability applies in respect of each claim, not rental. The $7,500 liability can be reduced by purchasing the Liability Reduction Option or the Maui Inclusive Pack.
Liability Reduction Option
Cost per day Liability reduced to
$45 (maximum charge $2,250) NIL
When the Liability Reduction Option has been purchased, the hirer will have no liability at all with the exception of the ‘exclusions’.
The maximum public liability is $20,000,000, sub-limits may apply. Please note that the maximum public liability may change during the course of the year for which these terms apply.
MAUI STRONGLY RECOMMENDS OUR CUSTOMERS TAKE THE MAUI INCLUSIVE PACK FOR TRAVEL WITH PEACE OF MIND.
If the Liability Reduction Option or the Maui Inclusive Pack is not taken, the customer must pay the Liability Deposit. The Liability Deposit is $7,500 and is applicable regardless if the hirer has purchased private travel insurance. The customer must provide a valid credit card or debit card to pay the Liability Deposit and the amount will be debited to the customer’s credit card or debit card on the day of vehicle collection. The credit or debit card holder must be present and able to sign for the Liability Deposit upon vehicle collection. The credit or debit card holder is jointly and severally liable for any damage to the rental vehicle. Any type of pre-paid travel card is not acceptable as a means to provide a Liability Deposit. The Liability Deposit is subject to a 3.1% credit card administration fee in addition to the Liability Deposit amount when the card used is either a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card, or 4.6% when the credit card used is American Express. The credit card administration fees are subject to change.
The Liability Deposit is fully refundable, including the 3.1% credit card administration fee, if the card used to provide the Liability Deposit is a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card, provided the Vehicle is returned undamaged. maui recommend that customers use a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card for the Liability Deposit, as the credit card administration fee that applies when using American Express credit card is not refundable. Only Visa credit or Visa debit card, MasterCard credit or MasterCard debit card, or American Express credit card are acceptable to use for the purpose of the Liability Deposit. .
The Liability Reduction Option will not apply and the customer is responsible for all costs arising out of, or incurred in connection with:
1. Any damage caused by wilful misconduct (e.g. sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the vehicle) or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or negligence.
2. Any loss or damage to personal belongings or property of the customer (or any person or entity related to the customer), except where such loss or damage is caused by maui’s (or that of its employees) own negligence or breach of the maui Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions. Maui recommends the customer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and that they take out personal travel insurance.
3. Any damage where the customer is charged by local authorities for being careless, showing gross negligence or wilfulness in failing to abide by the local road rules.
4. Retrieving or recovering a vehicle, which may include, but is not limited to a vehicle that has become bogged, submerged, caught, trapped, stuck or restricted in any way and/or has been abandoned, in each case in circumstances within the control of the customer.
5. Replacing keys, which have been lost or stolen, or retrieval of keys which have been locked in a vehicle.
6. Overhead and underbody damage to the vehicle, however, caused, except where Liability Reduction Option or the Maui Inclusive Pack has been purchased.
7. Any single vehicle rollover except where the Maui Inclusive Pack has been purchased.
8. Damage caused to the vehicle because total load (kg) has exceeded recommended load as stated in vehicle manual. Vehicles are not to be used for the purpose of transporting and haulage of goods other than what might be reasonably expected of a leisure rental.
9. Damage caused by drivers not identified on the rental agreement and/or drivers whose licence has been cancelled or suspended and/or drivers who have a licence that is classified as a learner's or probationary licence.
10. Any damage caused to the vehicle due to the incorrect use of snow chains.
11. Any damage associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol), which includes Bio-Diesel which should not be used, or water or other contamination of fuel.
12. Any water related damage which includes, but is not limited to, vehicle submersion, contact with salt water, creek or river crossings, driving through flooded areas and beach driving.
13. The vehicle rented may only be used to carry the maximum number of passengers as dictated by the vehicle type. If more passengers are carried than what is allowed Maui does not accept any liability.
- Minimum rental period is 5 days.
- Minimum rental period is 10 days for hires where travel dates include 20 December to 10 January.
- Minimum rental period is 10 days when a vehicle is being collected from the North Island and is being returned to the South Island if the rental commences between the months of October through to March.
- Minimum and maximum rental periods apply and are subject to change.
- Late pick-up or early return of vehicle does not entitle the customer to any refund of the unused portion of the rental.
- If a customer wishes to extend the rental whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorisation from Maui. The rental extension is subject to vehicle availability. The cost of an extended rental must be paid by credit card over the telephone on confirmation of the rental extension. The rate charged may not reflect the original rate booked. Failure to obtain authorisation will result in a daily fee of $150 in addition to the daily rate.
Maui branches are open daily from 0800 to 1630 hours, 7 days a week with the exception of Christmas Day (25 December) when all branches are closed.
Maui requests that clients collecting or returning their vehicle to be in the office by 1530 hours.
Should a customer have more than one consecutive rental they can be combined to qualify for longer-term hire discounts off the daily vehicle rates. Details are on application.
Motorhomes can only be driven on sealed/bitumen or well-maintained roads. Vehicles shall not be driven on:
Skippers Road (Queenstown) Crown Range Road (Queenstown)
Ball Hut Road (Mt. Cook) Ninety Mile Beach (Northland)
North of Colville Township (Coromandel Peninsula) All ski field access roads (from 01 June to 31 October).
Maui reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions.
Licence and Age Restrictions
A current and full motor vehicle driver’s licence is required and must be produced upon vehicle collection. Should a foreign licence be in a language other than English it must be accompanied by a current international driving permit issued in the same country as the driver’s licence was issued. An accredited English translation will be accepted in lieu of an international driving permit. Drivers must be 21 years of age or over.
Change of Drop Off Location
If the customer wishes to change the drop-off destination, they must first obtain authorisation from Maui.
Subject to the change being approved, an additional charge of up to $750 may apply.
Change of Vehicle
Should the vehicle booked be unavailable, Maui reserves the right to substitute an alternative vehicle without prior notification and at no extra cost. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the hirer to a refund.
Should the hirer decide to take a lesser vehicle than booked they will not be entitled to any refund.
Note: Maui reserves the right to refuse any rental at its discretion.
All Maui vehicles are up to a maximum of 2.5 years of age.
Maui provides free airport to branch and branch to airport transfers on the day of arrival and departure for our Auckland, Christchurch and Queenstown Branches.
Toll and Traffic Notices and Administration Fees
Maui reserves the right to charge the customer for any speeding, toll way, parking or freedom camping fines. In addition to the costs associated per fine, an administration fee of $60 may be applicable.
Exchange Rate / Currency Variations
All credit and debit card transactions are conducted in New Zealand dollars. If a refund is due, maui will credit the amount due in full to the Customer's credit or debit card. maui does not accept any liability for credit or debit card fees or bank-imposed fees relating to currency conversion or foreign transactions, which may appear as a variation between the total debited and the total refunded.
All amendments to bookings are subject to availability of the vehicle and/or package. Different rates may apply based on the amendment made.
Amendments prior to the vehicle collection date will be re-calculated at the flex rate applicable on the date of the amendment. This applies to changing the vehicle type, reducing the number of rental days, changing pick-up dates and/or changing the pick-up or drop-off location. Where the number of rental days is being extended prior to the vehicle collection date (days are being added on at the end of the rental with no change to the original pick up date), which applied at the time of the original booking, will apply.
Maui will not honour calculation errors. Should a calculation error occur, Maui will charge for the short fall.
Any problems associated with the vehicle, including equipment failure, must be reported to Maui as soon as possible and within 24 hours in order to give Maui the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental. Failure to do so may impact
will compromise any claims for compensation. Maui does not accept liability for any claims submitted after this period. Please contact supplier on free phone or landline.
This document contains a summary of some of the rental conditions. For detailed conditions, refer to the rental agreement upon vehicle collection.
Illustrations and text in any of our documentation, brochures or website are subject to change. Images are a representation only of the vehicle depicted. Variances in the vehicles offered for rental may occur due to substitutions made by Maui or modifications and/or upgrades to the vehicle design made by the manufacturer.